ChromeOS M117 stable update is now officially being rolled out
The latest ChromeOS MII7 stable version has been officially rolled out for the users. Recently the Beta testing for this version was started and now finally the stable update is made available for the users. ChromeOS M117 comes with a number of improvements and various new features, also this new version looks more like Android with revamped quick settings and a new theme system.
ChromeOS M117 new features and improvements
- Improved Vietnamese Telax and VNI Input method– ChromeOS M117 arrives with improved Vietnamese Telax and VNI Input methods, that offer advanced features and shortcuts.
- Up Next Calendar View with “Join” video call integration– With this update, the new ChromeOS calendar shows any upcoming meetings along with a button so that the users can join them directly. Multi-day event support has also been added
- System information preview in Launcher search– Users searching for the status of their OS version, battery, RAM, storage, or CPU in Launcher, can now see that info previewed in search results
- Quick setting revamped– Features larger buttons, reduced pagination, and a separate notification panel, making it easier to access notifications and essential controls, including a new restart option
- Enhanced camera and microphone privacy controls– Users will be able to manage their camera and microphone settings across the OS from one place in Settings
- New Privacy indicators for camera and mic– New privacy indicators on the bottom right status area to inform users when apps are using the mic or camera.
- ChromeOS Personalization app– Users can go to the Wallpaper and Style settings to customize the color pallet to their preference. Users can also turn off this feature
- Enhancements to Clipboard History Menu– The update introduces new entry points and educational info to help users discover and utilize this feature effectively
- Emoji Picker included in GIF– Emoji picker is now updated with GIF support
- Audio Ducking Behavior on ChromeOS– Users can now listen to audio from an Android app and the web at the same time without one pausing the other
- Color correction settings– ChromeOS now has built-in color correction settings in ChromeOS accessibility settings makes it easier for users to customize their display according to their color vision needs
- Time Lapse recording– Camera app now supports time lapse recording simplifying the process
- Adaptive Charging UI– This is a new ChromeOS power management feature. It predicts when users will unplug their devices and charges them accordingly. Admins can customize the feature’s availability in the Admin console